The Yoshikai Elementary School Vision is:
Yoshikai Elementary, believing that every child can learn and be successful, is committed to providing a caring, safe and challenging learning environment where all people feel a sense of acceptance and belonging. We believe in working together to nurture our children as they strive towards excellence.
To accomplish this parent, teachers, and students need to work together. We ask that you read the following and sign the part of the agreement that belongs to you.
As a parent/caring adult…
I want my child to succeed. Therefore, I will encourage him/her by doing the following:
- Encourage my child’s efforts and be available for questions.
- Help my child attend school and be on time.
- Supervise the completion of student homework.
- Read with my child or have them read to themselves on a regular basis.
As a teacher/caring adult…
It is important that students achieve. Therefore I will strive to do the following:
- Have high expectations for students, other staff, and myself.
- Provide a safe and pleasant atmosphere for learning.
- Use special activities in the classroom/small group to make learning enjoyable.
- Communicate and work with families to support students learning.
- Supply clear evaluations of student progress and achievement to both students and parents.
- Respect the cultural differences of students and their families.
As a student…
I will do my personal best to do the following:
- Attend school regularly and on time.
- Complete and return homework assignments on time.
- Read on a regular basis at home.
- Follow school and classroom expectations.